Thursday, November 4, 2010

Too big for her britches...

Miss Priss is 2 months old!!  Man how time has flown by. I can't believe that it has been that long already.  Everyday she is changing so much and I just love watching her discover new things.  We had our 2 mo. check up today and Dr. Mehendale says she is "just perfect".  She is a little small but developmentally she is amazing so no one is worried.  Just my petite pumpkin!!  Here's what Ava is up to at 2 months:

*weighs 8lbs 13oz and is 21.5in long (mommy measures her at 22 but who is counting!)
*still wearing newborn diapers to cover that tiny hiney!
*still wearing mostly newborn size clothes but anything with feet we have to wear 0-3mo because of the length--where in the world did this girl get a tall gene?!?
*has found her voice and loves "talking" to mommy all day long
*would rather sit up than anything else--we have broken out the bumbo seat as you will see in the pictures and she LOVES it.  
*holds her head up ALL the time and is so curious that she just looks at everything around her.
*has slept through the night ONCE--woo hoo-- but mostly still wakes at 2 or 3am for a night time feeding
*we are working on sleeping in our crib but is having a little trouble with that transition so far
*absolutely loves her bathtime now!!
*takes 2 really good naps during the day---mommy is now starting to take advantage of this time to get somethings done rather than just sleeping too!

As you can see...that is why I titled this post as I did!  She is just growing up so fast and wants to be so big.  Thankfully right now she still loves to snuggle with her momma so I take full advantage of it. Here are a few pics of what we have been up to lately--

I love my bumbo seat!

Having a little tummy time

worn out after my shots--btw..this gown and hat are hand-me-downs
from miss layla and we LOVE it!

my sparkly bandaid

2mo old

"hey mom, i'm not sure i like this"

"thank goodness i'm outta there!"




I know mom of the year---sitting in my bumbo watching Ellen!


I just love this juicy little baby!!  I'm hoping to get some cute crafty projects done soon so I will post a few!  I have a fun stack of fabric in my sewing room just begging to be made into something cute so we will see what I can come up with!!

love you all--



1 comment:

Cindy Hampton said...

I love your little girl she is so special and you are so in love with her. When is the next one coming? I can picture you with about 5 kids (4 girls and one boy Ian) (8P