Saturday, October 16, 2010

Remembering

Yesterday was worldwide pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day.  It is still so hard to believe that just a little over a year ago our sweet angel, Ian, was born into the arms of Jesus.  Here is a link to the video our sweet friend/photographer DeEdra made for us with pictures she took when Ian was born.

http://web.me.com/whitt2679/Life_According_to_Whitney/Movie.html

We love you and miss you everyday sweet boy.

So many things have happened in our lives this past year.  We have been so blessed with our baby girl.  We have learned so many things, the most important of those being that life is so short and we must take advantage of every precious moment we are given.  SO....we are doing just that!!  We have taken Ava LOTS of places so far.  Here is her running list:

*church
*high school football game
*pumpkin patch at the Arboretum with her fav cousins
*TONS of dinner/lunch/brunch dates with lots of friends
*Dallas Mavericks game
*Dallas Stars game
*the Texas State Fair
*of course....shopping trips!!

We are having so much fun with this precious baby that God has graciously loaned to us for awhile.  She too is teaching us a lot of things.  The most amazing of those is how great love can be.  I never knew I could love something or someone so much.  I love my husband so dearly but the love I have for both Ian and Ava is so completely different.  I thank God everyday for the gift of being this sweet girl's momma!  I am so blessed and my cup truly is so full.

Enough of my blabbering....here are some more pics of my sweet girl---I know that is what everyone wants to see anyway :)

Rough day at the fair

Ava and momma with Big Tex
Oh how I love that dimple!!
I love waking up to this every day!!

My serious little thinker

We cannot wait to see what else the future holds for our little family!  Please take a minute to really think about all the blessings you have been given and be thankful for each moment.







2 comments:

Cindy Hampton said...

Oh Whitney
Its all about love in your voice and your remembrances of Ian and the last year how little did we know a year later how things would change and the change is Ava Kate. We serve a risen Savior and Heaven will be a big reunion but for now enjoy your blessings. Much love In Jesus Name
Cindy Hampton

Julie said...

Love her little smile! She's beautiful!